- Maintain a clean environment. This includes regular vacuuming with a HEPA rated vacuum cleaner. Dust and wipe down hard surfaces, and wash cloth bedding, clothing, and curtains regularly
- Keep the environment smoke free
- Replace and maintain all HVAC air filters. For higher filtration levels and for those with high sensitivities, consider having an electronic air cleaner or air purifier installed on the HVAC system
- Have all HVAC equipment serviced by a professional annually to ensure correct operation, safety, and ventilation issues. Install a carbon monoxide detector as an extra security precaution against carbon monoxide poisoning and replace every 3-10 years according to the manufacturer’s warranty instructions.
- Control the moisture in your home with the use of a well-maintained humidifier or dehumidifier. The EPA recommends maintaining humidity levels at 30-50%.
- Always use proper ventilation methods when using a kitchen range or bathing and when cleaning, painting, or using chemical products.
- Have Radon testing done. Contact your state radon office or the EPA website for more information.
- Leave any asbestos removal to professionals!
Common Causes of Poor Air Quality
Indoor pollutants Gases or particles produced by combustion sources such as:
- Oil, gas, wood, and the use of tobacco products
- Deteriorated building materials
- Household cleaning and maintenance products
- Pet odors and dander
- Inadequately maintained venting and central HVAC systems
Increased humidity levels, without the use of proper ventilation, can cause and spread mold and damp-related fungal spores. Extra moisture in the air can also attract dust-mites, cockroaches, and other pests causing additional concerns.
The need for a consistent supply of fresh air is necessary to dilute the presence of indoor air contaminants and balance humidity levels. Ventilation includes not only bringing fresh air into a building, but also the proper outside venting of gases and moisture from bathrooms, kitchens, laundry facilities, and HVAC equipment.
Gases or particles from outdoor sources including, but not limited to high concentrations of air pollution, pollen, pesticides, and radon.
Call and Schedule Today 847-787-9242 or Schedule Instantly Below!
We also offer special financing through Enerbank. Check out our Available Financing Options providing flexibility for your budget. Getting started is easy!
Lindemann services Chicago & the North Shore for all your Heating and Cooling needs. Trust us for your HVAC service! Following all HVAC guidelines, we use state-of-the-art technology to do a thorough inspection and cleaning of home systems. Let Lindemann continue to keep you Safe and Sound with Regular Safety Checks!