Do I Need to Schedule AC Repair?
While air conditioners are built to last, many things can go wrong with such complicated machines. Here are some of the top reasons to schedule AC repair:
- No power: If your AC isn’t coming on no matter what you try, you may want to check your circuit breakers and make sure the thermostat is set to ‘cool’. If this basic troubleshooting isn’t the remedy, call Lindemann.
- The Air Isn’t Cold: Set the thermostat to ‘Auto’. If the air still feels warm after you switch the setting, it could be a compressor failure or a refrigerant leak.
- Airflow Issues: You may need to change the filter. If airflow does not return, Lindemann can inspect the system. You may also need duct cleaning, which we can determine during the inspection.
- Noises or Smells Coming from the Unit: Grating or high-pitch sounds, pungent or musty odors should not be ignored.
Whatever the issue may be with your air conditioning, our AC repair technicians can fix it!
We’re highly trained for every situation, and our top priority is your comfort and safety.
Here are the types of AC repair services we offer:
- Blower motor replacement
- Compressor repair
- Electrical repairs & disconnects
- Fan belt replacement
- Fan blade repair
- Refrigerant leak repair & recharge
- And more!
Air Conditioner Maintenance Services
Some heating & cooling companies offer a very basic “flashlight” check. Lindemann understands the value of a thorough tune up and we do what it takes to maximize performance of your system while saving you money. We offer Annual Tune-Up Bundles that include a 20-Point Air Conditioning Tune-Up:
- Thermostat Test & Calibrations (as needed)
- Inspect Condenser Coil
- Check the Level of the Outdoor Condenser
- Inspect Electrical Wiring & Connections
- Check All Contactors/Relays/Capacitors
- Lubricate All Moving Parts per Manufacturer
- Measure Condenser Fan Motor Amperage
- Measure Blower Motor Amperage for Proper Orientation
- Check Refrigerant Levels
- Inspect Fan Blade
- Measure Amperage & Volt Draw of Compressor
- Flush & Verify Clear Condensate Drain
- Check Electrical Disconnect Box
- Inspect Service Valves for Leaks
- Verify Proper Operation of Metering Device
- Check Filter
- Measure Supply / Return Temperature Differential
- Measure Airflow & Adjust Blower Speed Settings if Necessary
Why Should I Schedule Annual Maintenance for My Air Conditioner?
If you drive a car for 50,000 miles and never change the oil or pay attention to the service lights, would you be surprised when the car stops running? A regular oil change can prevent many issues, keep your car running for many years, and it’s a good time for someone servicing your vehicle to provide you with more information on what may be needed to service the vehicle over that oil change.
Think of your air conditioning system like your car. It is, after all, a ‘well-oiled machine’. The last thing you would want on a hot summer day is a system breakdown, the same as you would not to have your car break down on a long family trip.
Unlike vehicle maintenance, you don’t need to go in to a shop for repairs – we come to you! We work with your schedule and we can perform an annual check just about any time.
When is the Best Time of Year to Schedule?
Spring is the ideal time of year for maintenance because your air conditioner hasn’t been used for several months. Use cooler Spring weather to clear out debris that collects over winter, and lubricate all the moving parts in your system. It’s also much better to take care of any necessary repairs before the weather turns hot. This sets the equipment up for heavy usage in the Summer to keep you comfortable in those warm, humid months.
We recommend being proactive with your AC Checks. Many North Shore Chicago home owners wait to take care of scheduled maintenance, or don’t to it all at! Without regular maintenance, your system can break down at the worst times – when it’s hot, muggy, and uncomfortable. Take our advice and give us a call during Spring to get your air conditioning maintenance taken care of by the Premiere Heating & Cooling Company of the North Shore.
Benefits of Lindemann’s Professional Maintenance Plans
Scheduling with Lindemann to tune up your air conditioner every spring not just affordable, but has many added benefits including:
- Reduced your electric bill: If your air conditioning is not running efficiently due to neglect, it can be the number one cause of higher electric bills in summer. With an annual tune-up, you can expect your AC to be running optimally, which will greatly reduce your bill. Having maintenance done in Spring optimizes the reductions during the hot months where usage is the highest.
- Low chances for breakdowns: A air conditioner receiving regular checks is far less likely to break down than a neglected one. Schedule in Spring to keep your air conditioning system running strong all Summer and reduce any chance of a breakdown during the hottest time of the year.
- Longer equipment lifespan: Prioritizing annual preventative maintenance will lead to your AC lasting for many more years, which in-turn, delays a more expensive replacement cost of your system.
- Warranty coverage: Keep records of Lindemann’s visits so you receive the warranty coverage you deserve. Often, manufacturers only uphold warranties for equipment that receives preventative tune-ups every year. Be careful not to void your warranty by skipping your tune-ups!
CALL AND SCHEDULE TODAY 847-750-5019 OR SCHEDULE INSTANTLY BELOW!
We also offer special financing through Enerbank.
Getting started is easy!
Lindemann services Chicago & the North Shore for all your Heating and Cooling needs. Trust us for your HVAC service! Following all HVAC guidelines, we use state-of-the-art technology to do a thorough inspection of your systems. Lindemann, keeping you Safe and Sound since 1969!